Turn Old Phone Into Security Camera
Reuse old phone camera …Turn your old phone into home security camera…Turn old android phone into security camera…How to make cctv camera using mobile camera…
In this modern world, technology is upgrading at a very huge rate one such entity is smartphone. Each day a latest and enhanced feature gets added up in smartphones and people get eager to have it.
As a result, most of us have more than one smartphone and usually latest one is used more and after few weeks or months the older one becomes useless.
So one such way to utilize it is turning your old smartphone or tablet into home security camera, baby monitor, pet cam, or senior care cam with walkie-talkie, motion detector, and night vision!
I will tell you each step how to do so.
So let’s get started…..
Let me tell you that you can do it for free through an app named “Alfred Home Security Camera” which is available on Play Store.
WHY CHOOSE ALFRED?
Alfred is compatible with most smartphones and tablets on the market. Did you get a new phone? As long as your old devices run Android 2.3, they are compatible with Alfred. Your old smartphone and tablet can have a fruitful second life and serve a new purpose! You won’t have spare gadgets gathering dust or going to waste anymore! Do you work behind a PC all day? Use Alfred’s Web Viewer to stream video feed from your computer.
- Everyone wants to protect their loved ones and ensure their safety. You don’t need a professionally monitored home security system to do that. Unlike traditional CCTV systems or surveillance cameras, you can place Alfred anywhere and change as often as you want wherever you need to reinforce security. You don’t even have to buy an IP cam or webcam. Besides the cost of the equipment, these smart home appliances often charge a monthly fee. With Alfred, there is no complicated installation, IP settings, or contract. You only have to download Alfred to build a DIY home security system: pure and simple.
Do you feel some anxiety caused by the increasing crime rate?
- Besides the capacity of streaming live feed of your home, Alfred keeps you updated on what is going on in your home with motion sensor and instant alerts. If you see an intruder, you can scare him away by speaking through the walkie-talkie and immediately notify the local authorities. It works like an alarm. The videos are kept safe in the free cloud storage, and they can be saved or downloaded as evidence to help identify the suspect. Alfred is an essential component of any home improvement or home automation project if you are interested in building a smart home or experimenting with voice assistants such as Google Assistant.
- Wherever you live, your neighborhood and city is safer if everybody has some security measures in place. If you are a renter of have a roommate, you might need a security system that is easy to set up and portable. When you travel, you might want to make sure your hotel is safe. After all, if anything like snooping, breaking and entering, theft, car accident, or your landlord entering the apartment without your permission, the video footage Alfred records will be extremely helpful.
Why throw away perfectly usable devices and buy more equipments when you can upcycle, recycle, and repurpose old devices? Everyone is taking advantage of their unused smartphones by turning them into music players, GPS navigators, or fitness devices. So why not use yours as a security camera?
- Some features of this app require Device Administrator permission.
- Though there are some ads on display but it will not disturb app’s performance.
FEATURES YOU GET :-
- Remote access: stream live video wherever you are.
- Motion sensor & instant alerts: always know when something happens.
- Free cloud storage: save and keep videos.
- Walkie-talkie: interact with family, pets, delivery man, or deter intruder.
- 360 camera: cover a larger area with both lenses.
- Zoom: catch the tiniest details.
REQUIREMENTS :- (Turn old phone into security camera)
All you need for it is :-
- 2 smartphones,
- 1 email id and
- Internet connection on both devices.
OPTIONS AVAILABLE : (Turn old phone into security camera)
Turn old phone into security camera
- Rotates camera of your old smartphone from your device (set as viewer).
- Switches camera of device (set as camera) from back to front or vice-versa.
- This option allows you to turn on flashlight of device (set as camera).
- Allows you to see in dark with low light filter.
- Turns on siren on your device (set as camera)
- Talk/Chat in real time. Just touch and hold this mic button.
- Record the live view and best part is that it is stored on cloud with unlimited storage.
STEPS TO INSTALL & USE :-
Turn old phone into security camera
First of all you will have to open Play Store and type “Alfred Home Security Camera” in search bar and download it on both devices.
Now open the app in both smartphones. You will see following on your screens :
Now swipe the screen or simply click on skip button at the top. You will see following window, click on “TRY IT OUT“.
Another menu will appear asking to use your smarthphone as viewer or camera.
Select camera on your old smartphone and viewer on newer one or whatever you are using.
Now click on “Get Started“. Another window will appear on both devices as shown :
Click on “Sign in with Google“. And choose your google account in both devices. (Make sure you select same gmail id in both devices)
If you don’t know how to add your google account on your smartphone CLICK HERE.
A window will appear than, scroll down and click “Allow” as shown :
Now it will ask for few permissions, click on “Allow“.
You are all set with your smartphone as a security camera. Camera will be turned on as shown:
Now in your device which was set as viewer you will see following window with name of your device as shown, click on it.
Now you are ready to see live view of your old smartphone’s camera along with picture and sound.
Then Click on “Arrow pointing towards right” as shown above for more options.
You will see following options (as already discussed above) as shown below near home buttons :
You can use these options as per your requirement.
Hope I was able to explain you well to Turn old phone into security camera. Enjoy this FREE service !!!
If any doubt or problem related to this article, feel free to contact us.
Also check how to deposit money in the bank.